Building Services & Facilities Management, Civil & Structural Engineering
€100,000 to €110,000 Per Annum
Plus car, company bonus, laptop & phone and private healthcare.
Access Talent are working with a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
As Commercial Manager one of your main focuses will be on consistent development to the QS side of the business to make company the most efficient company within the sector. You will be responsible for managing a team of surveyors to provide commercial services to the company to industry standards. Within the scope of this role you will be work collaboratively with the Contracts Managers regarding meeting budgets on projects. You will be reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
Your Key Responsibilities as Commercial Manager
· Development of commercial reporting, administration, communication and ERP processes to industry best practices and the business needs.
· Establish good relationships with PQS’s in order to agree on final accounts.
· Oversee the inputting of budgets and running of projects through Job Costing System.
· Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with the relevant Manager/Buying Department.
· Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors with emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc.
· Prepare tender risk analysis based on a standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
· Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed most, forecasts costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc.
· Set up and maintain variation logs with feed into costs as outlined above for all client variations and sub-contractor’s variations, including the management and agreement of such variations.
· Ensure that the client relationships are enhanced to maximise on current and future opportunities.
· Preparation of monthly commercial reports.
Your Education & Experience
· Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
· Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Your Skills & Competencies
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with cross functional personnel.
· Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.