Access Talent Group are recruiting for a multidisciplinary design consultancy who is engaged in numerous high-profile projects for clients in both Private and Public sector. There Transportation division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. They are recruiting for a Highways Engineer to support the ongoing expansion of business opportunities within the strategic highways and local transport market across the UK.
- Supporting the Project Team in designing highway schemes.
- Preparing scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design.
- Preparing or checking horizontal and vertical alignments in 3D models.
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Co-ordinating the highway design process and integrating with other design disciplines within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working alongside Clients and stakeholders on technical aspects of projects.
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and design guidelines.
- Qualified Road Safety Auditor (Team Member / Observer).
- Knowledge of Civil 3D and/or OpenRoads.
- Experience of drainage design.
- Project Management experience and qualifications
- Appropriate previous experience of working in this field.
- Ability to act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
- Ability to work collaboratively and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams or work independently.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Experienced in preparing drawings and reports.
- Working towards professional qualifications.