Civil & Structural Engineering
£52,000 to £62,000 Per Annum
Access Talent Group are recruiting for Medium sized design consultancy. Our client is looking for a Principal Civil Infrastructure Engineer to work and develop a team in a Cardiff.
Our client are looking to take on a Principal Engineer to start to develop a team in Cardiff. the candidate will be responsible for the design and management of the development infrastructure elements for several projects across the Southwest region. They will work to support engineers and technicians to deliver the Civil engineering design whose scope will vary in value from small domestic projects up to £20m in construction value. The region is currently involved in a large amount of work in the rail environment and the candidate can expect to work on drainage aspects of rail schemes including, but not limited to, option studies, catchment assessments, flumes, culverts, crest drains and track drainage, often working closely with the Geotechnical team both in Cardiff and the wider Southwest.
The position requires a candidate who is keen to diversify and encompass the scope of our project remits which covers commercial structures, public sector structures, rail, domestic and temporary works design amongst others.
- Managing your project workload to achieve programmed deadlines
- Supporting other team members in the delivery of items within your ability
- Design of private and adoptable drainage networks, including SuDS.
- Desired - Development of solutions for sectional applications, including S106, S185, S278, planning applications and technical approvals from government bodies such as the SuDS Approval Body
- Design of drainage networks using MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow software
- Prepare layouts in AutoCAD and with the support of technicians
- Preparation of FRAs, preplanning advice and documentation to support planning applications
Qualification and skills
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8 years post graduate experience within Civil Infrastructure
- Full cleand Uk driving licence
- Eligible to work and live in the UK
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays option to purchase 5 addional days
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 40 hours a week
- Flexible hybrid working
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a leading Principal Engineer within a growing office which you will start to develop. If you are interested in the role, please contact Cameron Green on 02380981322 or Email Cameron.Green@accesstg.com.