£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Access Talent Group are currently recruiting multidisciplinary Transport and Infrastructure design constancy. They are currently looking for a experienced Principal Civil Engineer to lead the infrastructure team in Manchester.
This consultancy are looking to build on recent success and expand operations. They specialise within the transport, Highways Infrastructure and Drainage sectors with projects and clients in the Retail, Commercial, Residential and Public sector. The infrastructure team are constantly growing so this Principal must have prior experience in leading and delegating work on projects. Mentoring Junior staff and helping when necessary is a must for the development of the team and junior engineers.
- Principal Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to the Associate Director/Director.
- As a principal designer; manage, lead and deliver designs on designated projects utilising members of the design team, on time and on budget.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Provide a single point of contact within the company on designated projects
- Undertake negotiations with Local Highways and Drainage Authorities on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
- Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principlesWorking knowledge of 3D software package (PDS, Civil 3D or similar) for highway design and ground modelling.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.
- Project management of multiple projects
- Understand and implement Designer’s duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th Edition & DCG
- Working knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual C753
- Working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
Candidate should have:
- 5-10 years experience in a similar role within Consultancy
- Educated to degree or HNC level.
- Chartered or Incorporated member of the Institution of Civil Engineers preferable but not essential.
- Ability to manage a team of Engineers and Technicians and mentor junior members of staff.
- Ability to analyse and monitor project finances.
- Experienced in the design of roads and sewers.
- Experienced in the design of residential developments
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook that motivates others.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills.
- Client facing
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a fantastic design consultancy with an exceptional growth plan and diverse project portfolio. If you are interested in the role, please contact Cameron Green on 02380981322 or Email Cameron.Green@accesstg.com.