£52,000 to £68,000 Per Annum
Access Talent Group are recruiting for a multidisciplinary design consultancy who is engaged in numerous high-profile projects for clients in both Private and Public sector. There Transportation division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. They are recruiting for a Principal Highways Engineer to support the ongoing expansion of business opportunities within the strategic highways and local transport market across the UK.
- Leading highway design delivery for various multi-disciplinary projects.Solving complex problems on multidisciplinary highway projects.
- Delegating work to team members, programming deliverables and monitoring progress and budgets.
- Check and review of deliverables produced by project teams.Support the business in winning work including representing the business at networking events, preparing bids and tenders and establish, maintain, and develop relationships with existing and prospective internal and external clients.
- Liaising with Practice Managers and other discipline leads to ensure that projects are sufficiently resourced.
- Mentoring and coaching team members and taking responsibility for the development of staff.
- Liaise with key clients and be capable of discussing design / technical solutions to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients.
- Identify and respond to project commercial risks and opportunities.
- An appreciation of technical standards relating to highway design including link and junction designs.
- Experience of client interface.
- Proven ability to advise clients on technical and project related matters.
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members.
- Proven ability to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget.
- A sound commercial understanding of risks and opportunities.
- Chartered or near Chartered Engineer (desirable)
- BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering (priority)