Building Control & Surveying
£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Car Allowance & Annual Bonuses
Senior Project Manager / Senior Building Surveyor into our Building Design practice – based in the North of England, from their London office.
This role has excellent prospects for a Building Surveyor who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team and has experience in managing client relationships and specific interest / experience of project management.
As a Senior Project Manager / Building Surveyor you be responsible for delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to construction, on our expanding portfolio of challenging projects across our Market Sectors.
- The successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g., programme, budget and quality.
- Identifying and agreeing project objectivities with the Project Director and developing a strategy for achieving these.
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to the Project Director (PD) at the earliest opportunity.
- Utilising commercial manager support to obtain clear understanding of contractual obligations and negotiating amendments.
- Setting objectives, and defining tasks for the project team, delegating authority and agreeing how risks will be shared as necessary.
- Actively managing the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures.
- Whilst monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process.
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team; including providing regular feedback to all team members and ensuring staff have the necessary H&S training for discharging their design duties and defining line of communication and the responsibilities for co-ordination within the project.
- Assembling and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information.
- Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
- Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent with demonstrable experience managing design commissions on large building/ infrastructure projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3 and JCT.Experienced at preparing Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans.
- Experience of managing design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques.
- Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes.
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required.
- Holds a valid UK driving licence.