Building Control & Surveying
£50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Car Allowance & Annual Bonuses
This role has excellent prospects for a Building Surveyor who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team and has experience in managing client relationships and specific interest / experience of project management.
As a Senior Project Manager / Building Surveyor you be responsible for delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to construction, on our expanding portfolio of challenging projects across our Market Sectors.
- The successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g., programme, budget and quality.
- Identifying and agreeing project objectivities with the Project Director and developing a strategy for achieving these.
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to the Project Director (PD) at the earliest opportunity.
- Utilising commercial manager support to obtain clear understanding of contractual obligations and negotiating amendments.
- Setting objectives, and defining tasks for the project team, delegating authority and agreeing how risks will be shared as necessary.
- Actively managing the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Whilst monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process.
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team; including providing regular feedback to all team members and ensuring staff have the necessary H&S training for discharging their design duties and defining line of communication and the responsibilities for co-ordination within the project.
- Assembling and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information.
- Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
- Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent with demonstrable experience managing design commissions on large building/ infrastructure projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3 and JCT.
- Experienced at preparing Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans.Experience of managing design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques.
- Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes.
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required.
- Holds a valid UK driving licence.