£40,000 to £49,000 Per Annum
Access Talent Group are currently recruiting multidisciplinary international consultancy for a Senior Highways design engineer. This consultancy is looking for a strong Engineer or already Senior to support the ongoing expansion of business opportunities within the strategic highways and local transport markets across the UK.
This International consultancy are looking for a Senior Engineer to work out of the Derby office. This is a new and expanding team which has ever growing work. The project work will consist of public and private sector work. As a Senior you will be responsible in leading design which you will have to mentor and manage Engineers, Technicians, and graduates.
- Leading highway design delivery for various multi-disciplinary projects.
- Deriving potential design solutions by using excellent analytical skills to solve engineering problems and applying engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
- Overseeing the production of design documentation for highway schemes, including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications to programme and budget.
- Check and review of deliverables produced by project teams.
- Assisting with the preparation of fee offers for agreement with the client.
- Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
Essential Criteria -
- Experience in highway alignment design including links and junctions.
- A thorough comprehension of technical standards relating to highway design.
- Experience of client interface in conjunction with other senior staff.
- Proven ability to advise clients on technical matters.
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members.
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget.
Desirable Criteria -
- Project Management experience of highway projects.
- Experience of design and build highway projects.
- Experience in identifying and seeking approvals for Departures from Standards.
- Qualified Road Safety Auditor (Team Member / Observer).
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading International Consultancy working on some of the biggest Highway’s schemes in the UK. If you are interested in the role, please contact Cameron Green on 02380981322 or Email Cameron.Green@accesstg.com.