Access Talent Group are recruiting for a specialist, independent transport planning consultancy with national wide offices. They specialise in providing planning advice to the development sector for both private and public sector clients. Working closely with everyone from land owners to developers, house builders, ‘blue chip’ companies, pension funds, leisure operators and public-sector bodies. They are looking for a Senior Transport planner to join their growing team in the north.
- A degree qualification in a relevant field;
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles of transport planning;
- Excellent presentation and technical writing skills; and
- The ability to manage their own time to meet project deadlines;
- The ability to develop and run traffic models using Junctions software;
- An understanding of the application of highway design standards and guidance.
- Technical experience, including proficiency with relevant industry software e.g. TRICS, TEMPRO.
- Obtaining, analysing and interpreting traffic and transport data from a range of external sources;
- Appraising development sites in terms of their accessibility by a range of transport modes;
- Undertaking junction capacity assessments;
- Day-to-day technical input into projects as well as project management of smaller development proposals;
- Inputting to masterplan and junction designs; and
- Attending and contributing to design team and client meetings.