Access Talent Group are recruiting for a highways and traffic engineering design consultancy who are on the lookout for a Traffic Engineer. You will work in both Public and Private sectors throughout the UK. Their Engineer have a broad range of experience in delivering minor highway improvements to major highway infrastructure projects.
- Relevant Degree or HND/HNC (preferably in engineering) or equivalent
- Membership of a professional institution (e.g. MILT, MICE or MCIHT) or aiming towards
- Understanding of highways and traffic engineering techniques and principles.
- A track record or ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge in transport planning, design, cycling, walking, road safety, public transport, modelling, ITS and parking design
- Experience in highways related AutoCAD design highly desirable, or similar design based software
- Familiarity with TMA 2004, DMRB, MfS and the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals
- Support senior staff by providing technical support for a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions
- Contribution to the production of technical reports and designs in line with current design standards and policies
- Undertake site visits to capture required information and collect on street asset data
- Assist in the collection and analysis of survey data such as pedestrians, cycling, public transport and traffic surveys such as volume, speed, accidents, turning counts, loading activity, desire lines, bus patronage etc
- Provide weekly monitoring information
- Ensure all project files are up to date and comply with the QA system and assist in developing improved procedures in the service area.
- Liaise with other Project Centre staff on wider projects, assisting other disciplines on projects to expand skill set and knowledge base
- Respond to client and customer enquiries taking messages, when necessary and ensuring that their needs are met