Access Talent Group are recruiting for an multi-disciplinary consultancy who works across buildings, highways, infrastructure and transportation sectors. They provide considered advice on development and investment strategies, risk management, procurement strategy, and design development. They are currently looking for a Traffic Engineer to join their team in London.
- Supporting senior staff, providing technical support for a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions
- Contributing on the production of technical reports and designs in line with current design standards and policies
- Undertaking site visits to capture required information and collect on street asset data
- Assisting in the collection and analysis of survey data such as pedestrians, cycling, public transport and traffic surveys such as volume, speed, accidents, turning counts, loading activity, desire lines, bus patronage etc
- Providing weekly monitoring information against key indicators
- Ensuring all project files are up to date and comply with the QA system and assist in developing improved procedures in the service area.
- Liaising with other Project Centre staff on wider projects, assisting other disciplines on projects to expand skill set and knowledge base
- Responding to client and customer enquiries taking messages, when necessary and ensuring that their needs are met
- Relevant Degree or HND/HNC (preferably in engineering) or equivalent qualifications
- Membership of a professional institution (e.g. MILT, MICE or MCIHT) or aiming towards
- Good understanding of highways and traffic engineering techniques and principles.
- A track record or ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge in in transport planning, design, cycling walking, road safety, public transport, modelling, ITS and parking design
- Experience in highways related AutoCAD design highly desirable, or similar design based software
- Familiarity with TMA 2004, DMRB, MfS and the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals